Enrollment in the Library is possible
- by one’s own right
- or every action-capable adult Hungarian and European Union citizen;
- for a foreign citizen with a temporary or permanent residence permit;
- for a foreign citizen with a Hungarian certificate or a certificate of Hungarian kinship with terms and conditions applicable to Hungarian citizens;
- by joint and several suretyship guaranteed by his/her official representative or with a Hungarian citizen as his/her guarantor
- for every person under 18 years;
- for a non-actionable person or one with restricted capability of action;
- for a foreign citizen not belonging to any of the above categories;
- a legal person with a company site in Hungary or in the European Union.
Information related to registration
Information about discounts on registration can be found here.
Children's library card (up to the age of 10) can be used only for borrowing children’s books; so, we ask parents to enroll if they want to borrow books to themselves.
Reader’s card cannot be assigned to others.
Librarians, employees of museums and archives are entitled to be exempted from the payment of registration and administration fee; certificate of employment is needed to be verified.