The short history of the library

Our library - or as most people know it: the Uzsoki Library because of its location - got its name after the Kassák Club, which had been built in 1968 and become cultic over the years. This Kassák Club was the starting point and location of the “dance house movement”, started by Ferenc Sebő and his group in 1973. Among its walls had played the KFT, the URH and the group Kontroll Csoport introduced itself, as well.

The Kassák Club closed its gates in 1990, due to the changed public need and the deterioration of the building. Our library opened on the ground floor in 1991, after the rebuilding finished. During the expansion of the building, an upper floor was created and in the attic the ZIC (Youth Center of Zugló) is currently operating.

Akkor és most
Sources of photos: (1977); FSZEK (2019)

Our library awaits the Readers with a wide variety of books for their interests, including besides the fictional and scientific literature the romance, adventure, crime, fantasy and humor books.

In our reading area, there is a Children’s Corner, which was fitted up for the needs of our youngest readers.

We gladly welcome all our dear Readers!

Kassák Library

1145 Budapest, Uzsoki utca 57.
Go to
Opening hours
    Today 12:00-16:00
    Tomorrow: Closed-Closed

Phone number:
(1) 251-3669
Manager: Cselikovics-Mrávics Katalin
Head Librarian

Registration for natural and legal persons:
free of charge / 12 months
Administration fee of registration reader card:
HUF 300 / 12 months

Daily card: HUF 1500 / day

Borrowing privileges in one library:
HUF 2900 / 12 months
HUF 2000 / 6 months
HUF 1400/ 3 months

Establishment of membership for using all branches simultaneously:
HUF 9900 / 12 months
HUF 7300 / 6 months